13 October 2012

Update on life

Wow, I am an awesome blogger! So, last time I posted I was still pregnant! Now, my sweet little Lincoln is 5 1/2 months old! I guess time flies when there are babies around!

I thought I'd make a note of some things going on around here, just because everything changes so quickly, I want to remember it all. Here's where we are:

Like I said, Lincoln is 5 1/2 months old. He is so sweet. He is my smiley, happy baby. This is what's going on with him:



  • He has only been rolling consistently for a few weeks, but he is already pushing himself up on his knees, scooting all over the place! He wants to move around so badly. I'm pretty sure he'll be crawling in the next few weeks.
  • Grabbing everything in sight! It's time for me to start actually making sure that there aren't any small objects laying around anymore, because he likes to get them and put everything in his mouth.
  • About 18 pounds (At his 4 month check up he was in the 90th percentile for weight and about average for height, I think it's still pretty close to that)
  • Loves his rice cereal! He is such a good eater. I am so excited to get him eating fruits and veggies soon!
  • Puts himself to bed now! Well, I lay him down... but he falls asleep all on his own now! And, for those who knew about how well he was sleeping before, now he is doing much better! We sing "I am a Child of God," and I lay him down and sing one more verse, and then he falls asleep. It's wonderful.
  • Loves bath time
  • Loves his toes
  • Loves to listen to people talk
  • Loves to watch his brother. He thinks Kimball is pretty funny!
  • Sitting up pretty much all by himself. I don't have to sit behind him anymore and prop him up.
  • Wakes up around 6:30 am every day, no matter when he goes to bed! But that's usually around 7:30 pm.
  • His favorite song is "You are my sunshine." Every time I sing it to him, no matter what he's doing, he gets this huge grin on his face. He even has his own verse because he loves the song so much.
  • Loves to grab my face in both hands and give me a big "kiss," which is so slobbery I can't even explain it.
  • Has his first two bottom teeth as of last week!
So many things are changing with him right now. I feel like for so long he was just eating and sleeping and growing... but now all of the sudden he's doing so many more things. I love it! This little man is such a joy in my life. He makes everything that is challenging about having kids worth it.

Kimball is also awesome. He cracks me up. Here's where he is right now:


  • LOVES soccer! I swear, he is going to be my David Beckham when he grows up. For a two year old, he is incredibly talented with a soccer ball. 
  • Food is a weird subject with him. He will hardly ever eat pasta. He never eats rice. He doesn't really like desserts.
  • He loves vegetables! Carrots, cucumbers, peppers... he is a fan. He also is pretty good with fruits. But he goes through phases with them. We cycle through bananas, apples, oranges, sometimes grapes. I love that he likes these foods but sometimes I wish he would eat the other things on his plate too. 
  •  He will eat things if there is something to dip them in. Or if he can avoid using silverware. It's so much messier, but if he eats, I don't complain. 
  • Counts to ten.
  • Loves his daddy. Whenever Jacob gets home, he yells, "DADDY!," and runs up and gives him a big hug. He loves to play with daddy.
  • Loves his legos. Seriously loves them.
  • Loves his cars. He likes to line them up in a row and then smash them into each other.
  • Climbs on EVERYTHING!
  • Loves to play at the park. It's probably his favorite thing to do. (Thank goodness there are some great parks out here!)
  • Is in the process of cutting out naps... I'm not a fan. But we still have quiet time anyway.
  • Is a good big brother (when he feels like noticing that he has a little brother). Mostly he still doesn't worry too much about Lincoln, but he doesn't mind that he's around either, so I consider that a win-win. 
  • Loves Curious George, Mickey Mouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Tonka Chuck and friends, Backyardigans, and the Leapfrog shows. Thank you, netflix. Also, Cars.
I'm sure there are a ton of other things I could write, but this list is getting long. I just don't want to forget these things, so sorry if this is boring to everyone else. Needless to say, he is amazing. And he is smart. I need to get him some new books because now he just kind of reads them to himself, he's got a lot of them memorized. I love this little man. He definitely shows me that he is a two year old, but most of the time he is the sweetest boy. I am so happy that he is in my life.

Aside from that, Jacob just celebrated his birthday! Every year I let him make the menu, and it's always fun. The first year, it was something like pot roast, carrots, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, lime kool-aid, and a pumpkin pie. Then it was chicken enchiladas and green bean casserole with cream soda and a lemon meringue pie (I just bought a frozen one). This year he wanted all appetizers, which was really easy. We had wings, quesadillas, chips and salsa, mozzarella sticks, homemade butterbeer, and I MADE a lemon meringue pie. Yes, I made it. It is the most complicated thing I think I've done to date, and it was delicious!  I am still really proud of myself.


6 comments:

Katie said...

Kristin...you guys are awesome! Plus you didn't tell me Lincoln had any teeth...what!!!!!

elyse.carroll said...

You are great! And your family is beautiful! Love you!

elyse.carroll said...

You are great! Your family is beautiful! Love you!

Unknown said...

Kristin I love your blog! I didn't know a lot of that stuff about Lincoln! He's getting so big! I really hope we get to see you guys for Christmas!

Alli said...

I wish I could play with your kiddos. They are so adorable! I love the idea of the appetizers for a birthday meal. Genius! You totally rock for making that pie!

HappyMama said...

How fun! Love it! You are an awesome mama :)